The Marketing Officer will be responsible for developing, executing and accomplishing comprehensive marketing plans, programs and/or equivalent for the Company’s energy services businesses that factor in market conditions, regulatory environment, competitive environment, and customer needs. Mainly, will be a team player to fully achieve the group’s deliverables.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand the power industry market on the wholesale and retail business;
- Propose and recommend tactical marketing plan that will support the achievement of corporate goals;
- Perform competitive assessments- market participants, product offerings, market share, pricing, strategies, etc.;
- Identify target markets and develop target customer lists based on various resources;
- Support, as required, the Manager in securing contracts and/or any equivalent medium with prospective customers;
- Accomplishes marketing and organization mission by completing related results as needed;
- Keep abreast of market conditions and competitor status that impacts the commercial market and communicate to the organization key market information;
- Provides information by collecting, analysing, and summarizing data and trends;
- Prepare reports, making presentations, and making recommendations;
- Complete other jobs assigned by the Manager.
- Negotiation follow-through with Customers and other concerned agencies;
EDUCATION: At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Engineering, Management, Economics, and Commerce or equivalent and proven experience from within a similar role and industry in Power Generation
EXPERIENCE: At least 4 years relevant experience
SKILLS: One must be willing to travel, work on call and must have a knowledge of database software, project management software, spreadsheet and word processing software, electronic mail, graphics, technical diagrams, flow charts, etc. and must possess the following skills:
- Analytical skills. Marketing Officer must have analytical mind. One must know the value of the vast amount of data available, and are highly interested in what that data can reveal about the market or consumer behavior, efficacy of various marketing approaches and more. He/she must also know how to look beyond the data and pick up on trends and patterns that can lead to better, more successful marketing efforts.
- Communication skills. Marketing Officer must be able to communicate effectively with a broad-based team made up of other managers or staff members and/or internal and external customers during the marketing process. Must also be able to communicate persuasively to the public.
- Interpersonal skills. Marketing Officer must deal with a range of people in different roles, both inside and outside the organization.
- Creativity. Marketing Officer must be able to generate new and imaginative ideas.
- Technical skills. Marketing Officer must be willing to continue learning and adapting technology innovations for the advancement and easy communications with Customers. Customer engagement will occur in more ways and competing for their attention will mean delivering the services and information they want.