DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Project Development
- Prepare/provide comments on plant I&C minimum functional specifications.
- Conduct front end engineering design of plant I&C systems.
- Evaluate the submitted EPC bidder’s I&C specifications, protection and control philosophy.
B. Project Management
- Review the submitted instrumentation and control equipment technical data, plans, diagrams and drawings of the EPC contractor in compliance with the company specifications, national and international standards.
- Inspect the EPC contractor installation, testing and commissioning methods and procedures of instrumentation and control systems to ensure to adhere to the approved specifications and Good Industry Practice criteria.
- Inspect the installed instrumentation and control equipment technical specifications and check the calibration and functionality of said equipment.
- Perform operations/functional tests and calibration tests on newly installed instrumentation and control equipment.
- Analyze the EPC contractor submitted instrumentation and control system diagrams and drawings and recommend revisions on system that will correct probable equipment and system failures.
- Monitor the on-time completion of installation and commissioning of instrumentation and control equipment and recommend measures to avoid delays.
- Participate in the site and acceptance tests and commissioning of related instrumentation and control equipment and systems.
C. Plant Operations and Maintenance
- Develop instrumentation and control operations and maintenance standard procedures.
- Ensure that the instrumentation and control systems and processes operate effectively, reliable, efficiently and safely.
- Analyze Plant Equipment Failures and recommends reliability improvement.
- Conduct study on reconfiguration or redesigns of plant systems.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Management.
- Must be willing to be assigned in Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao, wherever the Management deemed that the technical services are needed.
- Must be a Bachelor's Degree in ECE / Electrical Engineering, must be a licensed engineer
- At least 5 years’ experience in power and energy industry (project management and operations and maintenance)
- Able to operate various software proprietary to vendors’ equipment.
- Advanced Process Control (APC), Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)
- Understanding and awareness of Environment, Health and Safety rules and regulations