To design, implement and evaluate employee & organizational development programs and employee relations programs in conjunction with department and corporate goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Organization Development (OD)
- Initiate review and conduct analysis of organizational climate and organizational development programs.
- Design, and conduct corporate-wide OD programs as approved by management in order to create work environments that are conducive to the development and maintenance of positive attitudes and optimum work performance.
- Diagnose organizational issues, develop solutions, and implement them.
- Act as internal consultant to departmental management to solve problems.
- Facilitate organizational development projects and programs.
- Ensure that OD programs are constantly communicated and documented based on the report requirements.
- Lead or oversee OD teams working with HR on various People initiatives.
- Formulate, implement and administer the continuing development plans for employee force according to identified development needs and management directives.
- Oversee the administration of the organization’s performance management system and facilitates collaboration with heads for the staff performance planning and evaluation.
- Plan, direct, implement and evaluate employee training and development activities.
- Plan and monitor training budget.
- Research and design employee development & training programs in conjunction with the Individual Development Plans (IDP) of the employees and with the training needs of the organization.
- Maintain the custodianship of employee IDPs and responsible for creating a training calendar for the organization on an annual basis.
- Responsible for creating, recording, monitoring, and evaluating training inventory for all employees in the organization.
Policy Administration & Employee Relations:
- Present policy to management for approval and facilitate dissemination to employees.
- Ensure the consistent administration of HR policies.
- Initiate the review, updating and formulation of policies and procedures consistent with government and company standards and practices.
- Ensure that HR Policies and Procedures are implemented consistently by regular coordination with heads and providing them with guidance on proper interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Facilitate investigation of possible disciplinary cases as may be needed and carry out administrative actions as approved by management.
- Handle policy formulation and dissemination by preparing management position on personnel-related concerns and initiates further discussion with the management team as may be required.
- Evaluate effectiveness of policies or areas requiring the setup of policies and submit recommendations to management.
GENERAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop annual goals and action plans to fully support organizational goals, plans and strategies.
- Participate in the development of the Strategic and Business Plans.
- Recommend changes in the operating policies and procedures that will result in process improvements, increased efficiencies, optimal delivery of resources, determine resource requirements and budget proposals.
- Align and cascade organization performance indicators to team and individual performance indicators.
- Assess effectiveness of organizational set-up (organizational structure, reporting relationships, assignment of responsibilities), organization culture, effectiveness of working relationships of next level heads.
- Communicate corporate thrusts, directions and plans to next level management and enforce the company code on employee discipline.
- Secure the commitment of direct reports and working teams in the achievement of organizational targets, goals and plans.
- Manage team performance through motivation, coaching and supervisor mentoring.
- Evaluate performance and provide reward and recognition for individual/team performance.
- Assess employee performance and implements corrective measures for improved goal attainment.
- Identify and initiate career development programs and individual performance plans for the management hierarchy and ensure that these programs are implemented.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of the organization through the development of organizational performance measures cascaded from overall strategic plans, with corresponding improvement plans.
- Formulate and implement measures to address the Goals and Action Plans and facilitate the achievement of targets.
- Provide leadership in the development of the budget & controlling expenditure within the approved budget.
- Provide leadership & oversee the daily operations of the group.
- Keep the VP-HR fully advised on the day to day activities of the group.
EDUCATION: BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Management or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5 years of work experience in training and development management; Knowledge of organizational development theory.
- Business knowledge
- Keen to details and analytical
- Capable of communicating to all levels of the organization to express ideas clearly
- With good numerical skills
- Capable of utilizing various tools in problem solving
- Can manage various projects simultaneously
- Understanding and awareness of Environment, Health and Safety rules and regulations
- Ability to rapidly assimilate a range of complex information and make expert judgments
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to influence and persuade senior members of staff, to review and alter practices, where necessary
- Personal resilience and ability to perform effectively in a pressurized environment
- Innovator with a positive “can do” attitude and a positive attitude to change.
- Ability to think strategically and see the bigger picture
- Strong completer/finisher skills
- Highly motivated self-starter, willing and able to act on own initiative, as well as work within a team
- Ability to represent the company at a senior level both internally and externally.
- Ability to deal with conflicting demands ensuring key priorities and deadlines are met through effective time management
- Well-developed IT skills (including word processing, Excel, databases, spreadsheets and presentations)
- Ability to assess and make effective decisions under pressure in complex situations
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity
- Excellent organizational, project and time management skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work within a large environment
- Excellent presentation skills
- Knowledge of instructional design and analytical and organizational skills
- Verbal, written skills, facilitation and training skills is a must.
Interested applicants may submit their Letter of Intent and updated resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com on or before March 31, 2019.