DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undertake pre-development activities related to projects such financial and technical assessment, conduct of due diligence and feasibility study, securing of national permits and ensuring project compliance in coordination with concerned functional groups and external consultants to assess project and investment viability.
- Generate financial reports and technical data to be used as reference and basis in the preparation of financial models.
- Develop financial models for potential business opportunities to determine overall project financial viability.
- Conduct tariff design formulation and provide assistance in validating marketing offers during competitive selection process.
- Draft project profiles, business plans, information memorandum and correspondences required in securing government permits/endorsements and submission for investors and bank financing in connection with the exploration and development of potential projects.
- Conduct market study, due diligence and research works.
- Keep track of potential business opportunity and regulatory changes in the industry and assess its impact to the business.
- Prepare and monitor annual plan and budget of the department based on project activities and planned programs.
- Secure necessary studies/reports and undertake liaison works with consultants, government agencies and other stakeholders.
- Prepare internal and external request forms and other necessary documents required in the department’s day to day operation.
- Provide inputs and technical support to the company’s affiliates, retail electricity supply unit and potential contestable customers on energy-related concerns.
- Prepare documentary and statistical requirements of specific oversight government agencies for power projects such as DOE and BOI.
- Assist the Project Development Manager in driving special projects requested by Management.
- Represent the group or support official(s) in conferences, meetings and dialogues with personnel from various government agencies.
- Perform other functions related to project development/corporate planning as may be assigned from time to time.
Bachelor’s Degree in Economics/Engineering or other related fields
Background in tariff design formulation, financial modeling, project valuation and permitting process.
Related work experience in the power industry and familiar with the project development activities and regulatory framework.