The Technical Administrator manages and supervises day-to-day operations in support of the President and CEO’s needs and the department’s deliverables. This also includes supervising all Executive Assistants/Secretaries within the Executive Office and providing technical assistance to the President and CEO.
This position also promotes the corporate image by representing the President and CEO internally and externally; and liaising between the President and the employees, other key executives or higher management, and external stakeholders/partners.
- Manages and supervises day to day operations of the President and CEO;
- Maintains and assists in planning Executive agenda and appointments, board meetings; and coordinates the same with respective stakeholders;
- Supervises administrative tasks of all Executive Assistants/Secretaries, such as but not limited to:
- *Planning, organizing, and maintaining the schedule and itinerary of the President and CEO;
- *Arranging corporate travel, including VISA processing if needed and meetings by developing itineraries and agendas;
- *Scheduling the corporate jet, booking other transportation;
- *Arranging lodging and meeting accommodations.
- Provide technical assistance such as:
- *Reviews all incoming and outgoing correspondence, handle confidential documents, and ensures the same remains secure;
- *Conducts research and prepares presentation materials, reports, and other communication materials (e.g., press releases, speeches, etc.), as assigned;
- *Answering questions or farming out to internal and external stakeholders as needed;
- *Attending to meeting requests directed to the President.
- Represents the department in meetings and provides updates (e.g., MOM, etc.) to the President and CEO;
- Represents the President by welcoming visitors and assisting in company dinners and other corporate functions;
- Help key executives make consistent decisions by advising them of historical precedents and serving as a liaison between them and the President and CEO;
- Completes projects and special assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining the cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem-solving, and adjusting plans.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Improves quality by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes and implementing changes.
- Enhances the reputation of the President and CEO and the Corporation by accepting ownership for job accomplishments.
- Assists the President and CEO and, at times, represent him in various External Affairs functions/matters;
- Perform other tasks related to the function that may be assigned from time to time.
- Must be a graduate of any 4-year business course
- With proven experience as a Senior Executive Assistant or similar role of at least three years